Look Development TD
Look development allows our artists to embrace their creative side to build eye-catching assets. Our Look Development TDs are responsible for creating a range of digital assets to impeccable standard for our world-class feature films.
As part of out build team, you’ll work closely with our texture artists, modellers and lighters; this is collaborative effort and requires you to absorb feedback from your peers to produce the best possible result. All assets created will support the workflow requirements to aid the smooth running of production so it’s important you have the ability to create and design look development that is simple, elegant and easy to pass onto peers.
• Previous VFX industry experience, working on assets for feature films
• Ability to produce high end assets under tight deadlines from onset reference
• Understanding of the pipeline as a whole and experience working collaboratively with other departments
• Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
• Good understanding of Colour/Grading/Lighting
• Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
• Knowledge of Mari
• Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
Nice to Have
• Experience using Substance Designer and Substance Painter
• Previous experience working with Clarisse
• Experience working with Mari
• Previous experience shading fur and hair
• Ability to pick up new tools quickly
• Excellent communicator
• Team orientated
• Willingness to learn and develop your skills
• Problem solver
• Great eye for detail
We are ReDefine, a new offering from award-winning studio DNEG which aims to bridge the gap between the East and the West for creative services in visual effects and animation.
If you are interested in the position, please share your resume/cv to